Thursday 10 January 2013

Exhibition Day

Evaluating the usefulness and success of the exhibition night DFGA level 5 exhibited I would have to say it went okay for the tools we had, overall people enjoyed the exhibit and I think it was a more useful experience for the students that presented and got the event organised and sorted for which I was a small member. We all had to organise the event into different sections so that the entire class could manage it, this worked better than I thought it would with a lot of people jumping at the opportunity to get involved and help with the event. 

The role that I had in helping out was a simple one, I pretty much carried things from A to B when we were moving all the equipment around, I was happy with this job however as I had a lot of work to do of my own with other projects at the time and the job I volunteered for did not take much time in the end just a little lifting and moving on the day of the presentation. 








Like Annabeth said, the real worth of doing the exhibition out of our comfort zone (meaning our own college) is that it brings much more professionalism to the feel of the event, on the other hand though it did seem a little out of the way for people to be able to get to. Also the weather was horrendus and as such probably reduced the number of people that were willing to treck all the way down town to a freezing gallery they know nothing about. But in the end I think everyone involved in the preperation of the event would agree that it was worth the experience and it did in fact turn out to be quite fun (maybe a little drink contributed to this) and we will be better prepared for an exhibition in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment