Sunday 27 January 2013

Judge Dredd Speedpaint

I have recently been taking my speedpainting/concept art/Photoshop drawing a step further by recording the screen as I paint so that I can create a timelapse speedpainting afterwards, much like how some professionals do. I thought why not try this with while have a bit of inspiraion, I had just watched the new film Judge Dredd at the time and really wanted to do a piece themed around that universe, I ended up only doing a sketch of the main character himself but I really like how it turned out and think the video works really well as a time lapse speed paint as this is the first one I have ever managed to create which I am also proud that I managed to do.

Anyway here is the embedded video, I kept it short - 3 Mins - because sometimes these kind of videos can be boring to some people especially without music which I may add later on and re upload. I have added the finished sketch as well for better detail.




I feel that this has been a good PPP practice because I have taken a good 8+ hours learning a new program to create this video and spent a lot of time actually creating the painting itself which is not related to my learning study at the moment, I had to watch and learn many tutorials and have found that programs we learn at Uni can sometimes be similar to other programs which have the same function which is good and makes things easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment