Monday 28 January 2013

AE Lesson 2

In lesson number 2 we learned all about GREEN SCREENING! this was a surprisingly easy process with an alright result being produced with not much effort involved. The initial parts of green screening a simply adding one or two effects called KeyLighting and then simply changing a few settings on this effect to get rid of the green colour altogether, then by adding a mask removing the rest of the undesired image from view. 

The trick part with green screening is getting it perfect, as I said before it is very easy to get an alright looking result with little effort but when you are going for a really convincing result that you want to look good and have the character sit really well in a desired scene thats when you need a lot of time and a lot of patience messing around with all the various options and settings to try and figure out what will work best for your character and scene. 

When I was doing my test with the stock footage I created a sort of Brodi Quest, I made the guy with the green behind him go across the several other stock images I have below with a happy little tune with it, this only being a test was a little fun and really got me to grips with the basics of green screening and keying out characters. I think I will shine though when it comes to working with my own footage as I would like to really get in to AE and play around with it in my own time.





No comments:

Post a Comment