Monday 28 January 2013

Ship Design Idea

I decided to do some initial ship designs with some free time I had on one of my Uni days after a lecture and was surprised with what I came out with, I thought first off 'what cool design thats not a ship could I base my ship on?' I then had the idea of using an image reference of a high tech mouse that is used for professional gaming, I have one a little like this and thought it would be fun to do. 

I then thought what could I mix this with that I like the look of that says to the audience what I want it say as a security space ship, I then though about the film that had come out fairly recently at the time which was the new Batman, I decided to take a reference image of 'The Bat' from the film and incorporate it into my own designs, I had already though of adding arms to the front of the ship that make it look more dominating and aggressive (A little like what a scorpion looks like). Then thought it would look cool with some spot lights and search lights which I then incorporated too, I am happy with how these painting came out as they show a lot of what I image my ship will look like.

I drew it from different angles to show the shape of the ship and get an idea of what it would weigh and then how it would hover or fly, this will all be applied to the animation which I will be doing to the ship once I have modeled it, but yeah overall I am happy with these designs and think that they provide a soiled basis on which to model my ship from.


No comments:

Post a Comment