Wednesday 19 December 2012

Andrew Loomis Figure Sketching



http://www.fineart.sk/photo-references/andrew-loomis-anatomy-books/figure-drawing-all-its-worth-andrew-loomis

Andrew Loomis is a writer/artist that I have recently come to know as he was mentioned in a video I was watching of a different artists work. I thought ill check him out because I know that I need to get better at movement sketching, I found him to be a very professional kind of person when it comes to language and the way he describes his ideas and concepts.

I think when it comes to being an absolute professional artist the person learning needs to learn the basic principles of everything even remotely related to what they want to be drawing in their profession, as everything in the create industry seem to overlap, like principles in filming can make a painting better or the squash and stretch in an animation may help the feel of a picture portray its idea better, this is why I have been studying A Loomis and trying to get the fundamentals of movements and figure sketches down a little bit more in my own skillset.

No comments:

Post a Comment