Saturday 1 December 2012

Thought Bubble Afterthoughts

Apart from this being the best day evar because I saw a SPARTAN! it was quite fun, it was a new experience for me as far as comic conventions in fancy dress goes, I felt like i kind of stood out being the only one not in costume. Anyway I learned a lot about how the people in the very select industry work, we talked to a lot of the people behind the stands not just about the work they were selling but more importantly about how they got in to the business and how much it costs to rent a table here and how successful they have been in this line of work and so on. The best part about an event like this is the unique amount of artwork that is exclusive to the event and the unique artists that are presenting the work that you may not find anywhere else, I found some stickers that looked home made but very well done, some postcards and poster artwork that were very well done and inspirational and probably would be impossible to find on the internet if I hadnt met the people who created them at thought bubble that day. 




I have kept all of the business cards that I found on the day because who know when I may need to call upon one of the illustrators or artists that I met on that day for work in the future, probably wont need to but its always nice to keep contact numbers and e-mails, also who knows I may just contact one of them to find something out or get some advice.


No comments:

Post a Comment