Friday 7 December 2012

Freddie Wong Effects Study

The first thing I thought of when I heard we were doing a VFX after effects module was FREDDIE WONG! I have spent a lot of time being a vegetable in front of YouTube watching cool AE that Freddie has created, he has the same sort of humour as me which is a little bit stupid but also able to find something impressive and stupid quite funny.

So the reasons I have been studying Freddie as a practitioner are firstly, he does a lot of gun videos, he is very good at blood effects and gun sound effects and also the camera work that comes with scenes in action films, I have been thinking of creating my 1 min video with some gun fights and a bit of an action film theme going on but I dont know yet I will have to wait and see what people think to my idea presentation.



Another reason I find this video so good is that fact that Andy Whitfield stars in it with Freddie, the fact that Andy has a good enough sense of humour to work with a not necessarily big time production company and probably did this shoot for free makes the video a lot more funny and lighthearted as well as the fact that it is based on the oldschool game Timecrisis.



This second video has a breakdown of how he created the first person shooter film which makes fun of people who hack games like call of duty to be able to headshot people and got more kills for less effort.
It was a really interesting watch and gave me an insight into how a complex and interesting after effects video in its unrendered timeline should look, because before I saw this I had no idea at all what or how after effects should be used professionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment