Tuesday 21 May 2013

Second 4 Character Sketches

 My brother was the one who decided the details of this character, he always likes to play as the assassin thief types in games and asked me to design a character that wears specific clothes and explained his personality and morals as well as the characters fighting styles and weapons, all of this gave me a good bases for designing the character and I think that the designs turned out so well because of the description I was given beforehand as well as the fact that I had many references to work from.
 The prisoner character was thought of by my friend pete who wrote the description in a narrative context, since pete writes books the description of the character was very dynamic and atmospheric and made me picture the environment and backstories of the character rather than the actual look of him. I do like how the character turned out but think I should have worked in my traditional greyscale colouring before adding the end colours as with the finished version of this character I only used colours to create the finished designs.
The commander character was really just my own character that I had been thinking about as I made all of the other designs, I wrote a backstory to add to the character just as I have done with all of the others and think that the end designs turned out rather well as they fit in well with the theme of the city that he is the guard commander of (golden and spikey looking).

The last character I was asked to design was the witch character from my friend Emma, when she was describing the character to me I could tell that she had not done nearly as much roleplaying in games and imaginary universes as I have but I worked with it and rounded off the edges of the character that I think stuck out a bit. I wrote a lot about the character and would like to develop her further in the future as I didn't actually do any more sketches for this one like I did the others, nevertheless I think the concept of the character is a big part of the story and will be doing more on all of this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment