Sunday 19 May 2013

Overlooked aspects

As the title suggests I am going to write about a few little aspects in the 503 self directed project that I have until now not thought about or overlooked. The thing that I have been overlooking until now but that I know is always a major aspect in any video content is the sound, the sound in my video will not be anything special but it will need to compliment the pieces theme and add to the overall feel of the video, since I am not adding sound effects the main sound aspect I am looking for in the short 1 min animatic clip I am producing will be just a good sounding interesting audio track, I still have time to put it in but the issue will be finding the right sounding audio as overlaying it onto the actual animation will take about 2 mins.

The other big aspect I have not thought about until this late in the project has been the text font, I knew I would be having text between each scene shot but I never really thought about how the text might influence the way the reader/viewer thinks about it, I had a quick think about it and simply put the text had to be interesting, have the theme of the video, and have the right message. I just dived in and wrote a few things I thought might sound good read in my head between the shots, it sounded okay but I needed to teak them a little bit. After re writing the texts (something I will look for help with from fellow students in the future) I looked online for a font that would work in my piece, I thought 'Hey Game of Thrones is a bit like what I am doing' so I googled game of thrones text and boom, a load of forums discussing the text used and how to find it, I read through a few and saw that somebody had mentioned that it is a bit like the 'Charlemagne Std' font that comes as standard in photoshop and after effects. I have used this font and think that it has done its purpose fine and am happy with how it looks, I will be though looking at these little things more in the future because everything that is included in a piece of video or work adds or takes away from the piece so everything is important and good to understand.

A few test examples showing how the font can make a piece of text different.




No comments:

Post a Comment