Tuesday 21 May 2013

A Few Initial Sketches

So this was one of the first sketches I did in photoshop when I was first thinking about what the story of my project could be about, I did all of these even before I asked people or even thought of asking people what the character they want designing would be. This actually ended up informing my work a lot in the sense that the style of the armour is very unique and I ended up sticking with it when developing more of the cityscape sketches and the guard commander designs. 


Here I refined the character a little because I liked it so much, I tried to put him in more of a context and contrast as I thought it would be a little more interesting. I tried a grey dull kind of background to bring out the gold and colours in the knights armour. 



Here are two sketches I did very early on in the project and didnt develop any further as I went with other options. The crystal formation might have been a good picture to further develop and also the creature concept, I will be doing more of both of these in the summer and see what I can create with what I have left over from this project.



No comments:

Post a Comment