Tuesday 21 May 2013

Character Designs Page 1

Here are the finished character sheet designs that I have done for three of the characters, I have finished the Thief Assassin character that Brad asked me to do. I am very happy with this design as I managed to get the variations in there relatively easy and successfully and feel that there is a real sense of variation in the three different designs at the top. I have added the process that I used to get to the finished product to show a little more of how I develop my work. 

One thing I had overlooked until this point is the presentation of the character sheets, these would do for simple blog post presentations but for presenting these designs on a website featuring artwork on the internet then a more refined version of a character sheet would be more appropriate. I will probably be doing this at some point over the summer as I have not uploaded them for the DA community to critique yet.


For this next character design, which is based on the character concept that Joel gave me, I enjoyed creating the character as I have done things similar to this before, the colours that I used I think were appropriate and brought out the right details and things I wanted the viewer to see. The pose I think is what I am most happy with in this design as it says a lot about the character before the details even come in to play. Overall I am happy with the picture but again think it needs to be presented on a nicer finalised character sheet to really make it shine.



This last character design is the character that Jess asked me to, she made the description and backstory for him as well as his name and thought of the colours of the clothes he would wear. I think I could have done a little better with this piece if I had spent more time on it, I think it was a good learning process as I have solidified in my mind the fact that I prefer to and create better drawings from artwork i start with thinner line drawings, this piece has helped me to learn as an artist and so am happy with it.




No comments:

Post a Comment