Thursday 9 May 2013

Artist Study 503 Scott Robertson Vehicles

I have posted about Scott Robertson before as I have attended one of his online webinars which was really interesting and useful to me as a student, but this post is about a specific video I recently watched from his Youtube channel which is a free tutorial, one of which Scott produces each week to help viewers and people in learning more about how he works and the digital painting process.



What I like in particular about this video is how he explains things in a way that anybody can understand, he seems like he really wants to help people to improve as opposed to other practitioners in the industry of digital artwork who just seem to want views and dont really explain things clearly enough for people who may not understand. Another thing about this video specifically is how he explains how quickly he did the picture and how he uses traditional media even though he is a veteran in this specific industry, he started with pen on paper and through this it explains to me that for an easy looking tutorial but which is a really good quality looking piece the trick is to have a solid understanding and foundation to the fundamentals of drawing, line art, perspective, and to have a real interest and passion for what it is that you do.

How this could inform my own work in the 503 module is the way that it has been drawn traditionally first and digitised later, I have been using this process throughout this module but not in the same kind of way, I think I will be trying the thinner and more precise lines which Scott uses when traditional drawing and seeing how it works out for me.

I will be keeping up to date with Scotts tutorial videos and will probably be buying some of the books and other forms of teaching he has worked on over the years as I really do think it is work it not just for self improvement but it will also from what I have seen be an interesting read.

No comments:

Post a Comment