Tuesday 21 May 2013

Aaand Two More Landscape/Character Pictures

The pictures here are showing the city and characters that may appear in the city, the colours as well as the style of both pictures are made to be slightly similar. The reason for this is that from the start I knew that I wanted the guards or the authority in the city to be similar looking to the architecture of the buildings they protect, I would say that I have effectively implemented the styles together as they do look as if they are part of the same sort of concept. 


The above picture for me was another learning process as I used until now foreign concepts of drawing to me, I turned out really well but think that I need to work on my colouring a little bit more as it seems a bit lacking. Another thing I am getting better at is the perspective and distance in pictures, the bottom picture shows that by the character having his sword right up to the viewers perspective with a sort of dominating threatening kind of look which is another aspect I am getting better at which is dynamic posing.

In both pictures especially the top one I can say that I am getting happier with the way I work, but there is always room for improvement.



No comments:

Post a Comment