Thursday 1 May 2014

FMP Sound Issues

One problem I have not yet been able to overcome is the sound of the footsteps when the player moves, I have set time aside to be able to look into this problem before project hand in but have doubts that I will be able to get it working exactly the way I want it to. The link below has some useful information on the matter but I have only been able to get so far with it. If it comes to it I will have to use a simple solution of 'if player is moving on object 'X' then play footstep sounds' this will not be ideal but may have to do for handing.

http://answers.unity3d.com/questions/11486/footstep-sounds-when-walking.html

Below are a few screenshots of me playing with the 3D sound aspects of object noises, I managed to get it working so that when things collide they make sounds, and also depending on how far away they are from the colliding objects then the sounds will be either louder or quieter, which I found really cool just because it is things like this that you notice in the big games out there at the moment.


I also had a few issues with sounds kind of reverberating and lagging but managed to fix some of these by making them 2D textures while managing to fix others using a smaller compression size and finally fixed some other noises lagging by removing some of the interactive cloths which were lagging up the scene at certain points. 


No comments:

Post a Comment