Thursday 22 May 2014

PPP3 The Duriannnnnn on DA

Another artist I have found interesting is named 'The Duriannnn' on the website DeviantArt, he is of particular interest to me as he is also in his third year of university and will be much in the same situation in the coming weeks as I am, I have kept track of what he also will be doing while looking for work and I think we much have the same game plan, this is encouraging as I wonder a lot if I am doing the right thing or not. Another reason for my interest in this particular artist is that I find his work very inspired by one Kekai Kotai, an artist I have mentioned may times and studied many times in the past. He mimics Kekai's style well but adds his own touch to it, I feel that I need to incorporate many peoples styles and create my own, not necessarily copying one artist as such but finding aspects I like about each art style and taking something from it. It does show though that studying one artist can lead to improvement in your own style and as long as you move on and advance in other ways after then it is not an issue spending a lot of time working on improving your style in one way by looking at the same artist.

http://thedurrrrian.deviantart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment