Friday 7 March 2014

FMP World Map

This is the map I created to elaborate on the lore the world has that my FMP project is based in, the world portrayed in this map belongs to me in a sense that it has been in my imagination since as long as I can remember, the project I am working on is just a tiny segment of that world that I am trying to bring to life and fully intend to carry on world building for this universe in the future. I had a lot of fun making this map and found that the little details and personal hand painting of all of the scenery was the most fun part. I referenced Tolkiens Lord of the Rings map when making mine as I wanted to get as close to that authentic old textured map feel as I could. Overall I think it turned out well and have printed some copies off to wether and beat up to look like the real thing, I may use these weathered versions in the final outcome of the game in one of the intros or something, we shall see.


Below is a rough sketch of the map before I refined it in photoshop.





No comments:

Post a Comment