Wednesday 26 March 2014

FMP RTS (Real Time Strategy) Gameplay

For a while after I decided that I wanted to make a 3D game I didn't know exactly what camera angle I was going to use, looking at some of the below games in a magazine article I thought that a 3rd person fixed axis 3D game camera would be easy and the way to go. Looking at the Dungeon Hunter 4 and other images I decided upon this type of camera, Unity is a very flexible tool and should be able to accommodate the kind of physics and gameplay I am striving to achieve. 

Other accomplished games which I currently play which use this RTS camera are (to name a few) Rome Total War II, Diablo III and League of Legends. It is proving to be a very fun and popular type of camera angle in games and gives them a unique feel, it also means that assets and texturing will be slightly easier as things can be made to a lower resolution taking into mind the distance the players view will be from the objects at all times. This definitely looks like it will be the route to take for me.







No comments:

Post a Comment