Wednesday 26 March 2014

FMP Asset Progress

This is a small insight into the progress I have made during the FMP module, specifically the asset modelling I have needed to do to have a fully working and believable gamespace. I believe I have mentioned before, the list of assets I have to create but now I feel like I have made real headway in the last week. I have gone from having one or two assets complete to around 20 finished modelled and textured assets as well as having them all bump mapped and specular mapped. Keeping everything in order has been a slight problem in this module because of the amount of assets, references, notes, folders, deadlines, timetables and so on, I do think though that my time management and file management is up to scratch and have not let it slow me down. Below are a few textures I have created and them being used on the geometry. The painterly feel really comes through in the wooden textures and do enjoy this part of the process probably the most, if I have time after completing my gamespace I would like to touch up a few of the texture and maybe add a few more details.

One useful tool I have been told about recently is the lattice tool, it is a quick easy way to deform an object and make it look more cartoony or have an interesting shape to it. This tool helps me create more fitting assets for my gamespace and really complements the style I have chosen to do this module around.





No comments:

Post a Comment