Wednesday 26 March 2014

FMP More Landscapes

These are the last few landscapes I painted before I decided upon the bridge level, as shown at the very bottom left I drew a snowy bridge with statues on it and though 'thats it' I knew when it was finished that this was the kind of environment I wanted to create. I then went on to create a mood board before fully committing to modelling and texturing the bridge asset as I wanted as much reference as possible to work from, if I've learned anything it is that reference works. The reft of the landscape will make for nice pictures in the finished art book and I think work well in showing what different colours and different environments could have happened if I had wanted them to. The layout and idea behind these images came from a FZD design school video I was told about on YouTube in which Feng Zhu describes his creative process and what makes a good game space environment. I used the things I learned from watching the videos when drawing these environments and think that they worked well, some more than others, but overall am happy that I learned something and have something to show for it.



No comments:

Post a Comment