Wednesday 19 March 2014

FMP Design Style Refined

In a tutorial I had at University today, one of the few things I was asked which I felt I may lack in slightly was how I had progressed and decided on the art style of the game I am designing and what has influenced me. I decided that a new post might clear things up. I have indeed referenced games which I have found aesthetically pleasing already but I don't think that I have indicated it was the direction I wanted my game to go in so here are some examples.



I decided on the type of game quite a while ago, being that I wanted it to be 3D and decided that super realistic might be too much work and not enough reward. I also decided that I wanted my 2D drawing skills to come into play as much as possible which left one choice, I would go for a handpainted slightly cartoony design which would be good practice for me as well as have a very nice painterly style to it which has not been too commonly done recently.



These are a few examples of how I have been modelling and texturing the game assets in Maya, I am quite happy with the results and just need to get the rest of them created! Also a list of what needs to be created and what I already have created.




No comments:

Post a Comment