Wednesday 26 March 2014

FMP Unity Development 1

Over the past few days I have been really getting on with the tedious tasks of importing every single asset with every texture being made into a bump and specular map as well as creating prefabs for every assets and working on how the RTS camera could be made without a easy script to place on the camera in Unity. I have though made a lot of progress and worked through most of these problems and come out with something I might even feel a little proud of for this early FMP presentation. The thing I am most pleased about overcoming is the camera problem, I was told the only way to get it working the way I wanted it to was with scripting, and with days before the big presentation I don't think I have time to learn scripting, I came up with a clever solution involving empty objects in Unity which follow the 3rd person controller while deleting the camera script from the controller and having a 2d smooth follow script follow the empty object and angling it at the character, simply I made a makeshift RTS which will work as intended until the real deal comes along. 

Other than importing, placing assets and fixing cameras I have not done all I have wanted with Unitys game engine. I will have more time to further develop the engine after the presentation and really get things working the way I want them. All I can see being big obstacles in the near future are the menus and sound effects I will have to work through before I can call this a complete game level.



No comments:

Post a Comment