Sunday 21 October 2012

Additional Poses And Designs



This is a page of design work I have done to show what the Bomb and Guard character might look like when I create them in Maya. I have added a few colour schemes to compare and think that this may be a little ambitious for me to create model-wise as the most complex things I have ever created in maya were a toy car with not much attention to detail on it, and the inside of a tavern, which to be honest did take a LOT of time for me to make. But I have never created anything representing a character or person and think that it will be challenging at the least to make something based on a human form, which is why I have though about making a cartoony machinima but ended up deciding against it.
The above image is sort of a mix between concept art and technical representations of my character, I wanted to get a more 3D feel to him and see how wide or thick I would make his armour and body muscle, all the time thinking about time management and how complex and time consuming it would be to create and if I would manage to reach my goal of creating him or not. I in the end decided not to model a gun as I know how long it takes to to create, concept art, model and UV map and texture my work. So creating new models and going through all the processes again I realised was just too much work, also the implications it would have trying to attach to objects together at different times in maya and unity would have been too great an obstacle to overcome before our shorter than I at first thought deadline.



This final picture is of my finished T pose that I will be using to create my model on. I took a lot of time on this to get it right and am happy with the finished result. The colour scheme is also something I particularly liked in this picture as it has been commented on a lot as being interesting and different and I think I will stick with it even thought I liked the darker blue of the character on the right. But with more discussion in my group we decided on having the scene in a whale like ship and so the greens and browny reds on the original coloured guards armour would fit better in the environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment