Monday 8 October 2012

Website Study Idrawgirls

I have recently been told about a really good concept artist website and thought that because I have spent so much time studying the tutorials on it that I should blog about it since it is a source of personal study outside of Uni hours, the Idrawgirls website is run by the former guildwars artist Xia Tapara who has had a series of other commissions and work in the digital games industry. The thing I like about this concept artist is how honest he is, he always says things how they are and tries to get the most clear message that he can across, when it comes to tutorials and feedback that is, this is not a common thing I have found in the concept art industry, artists always try to stay one step ahead of their competition by keeping their methods and practices to themselves, this is why I find Idrawgirls so useful because he shares his method to the best of his ability and seems like he actually cares about improving others' drawing skills.

This is one of the videos I have been following closely, it has a paid for version which shows the full method of how he created this piece of artwork, I am very much thinking about paying for one of these tutorials so that I can see fully how he works and what his work flow is like. I normally do not pay for anything online but think that how genuine and skilled this person is that I wouldnt mind splashing out this once and buying one of his online tutorials.

The tutorial is of how to draw a Dark Warlord styled character, I absolutely love the rendering and armour styles done in the painting and how he creates his work with texture brushes rather than applying layer textures to it, I want to get good at both these ways of working so that I have a better all round knowledge of how to create awsome concept and character artwork.

No comments:

Post a Comment