Thursday 18 October 2012

Enter a Competition, Join Twitter, and Instagram

I have decided that it would be in my best interests to join twitter and instagram to forward my personal and professional career. I have already found the value in joining as many competitions as I can because there are no real downsides to it apart from the cost of time, but on the matter of social networks like twitter and instagram I have found that it is quite easy to get in contact with fairly unreachable and famous people, twitter is a great way to get (even if it is one sentance) feedback and at least get a foot in the door when it comes to talking to and getting in contact with people and industries that you already know are out there.

I have followed games industries like Bungie, Bethesda and Demonware. This is good because there are sometimes competitions posted by the sites that sometimes you could miss as it is a big internet out there. I was reluctant to join twitter at first because of the initial shallow celebrity culture it had about it before but if you play it carefully and just avoid all that crap, then it turns out it can be useful (mostly in making contacts) to your own personal advancement.

And Instagram I found to be good because taking a good picture fast and adding all the filters and effects with the touch of a button is useful in the way that the more time I save using this easy way to create semi decent pictures then the more time I can use further advancing my own skills and career development.

For example some stuff I recently found on twitter that helps me better understand the gaming industry and companies, also some stuff on instagram I have made and saved time doing :) (Instagram is only on Apps but it has saved me lots of time :))

http://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2012/11/26/ask-us-anything-ebonheart-pact-part-2




No comments:

Post a Comment