Thursday 11 October 2012

Prometheus Study

I watched Prometheus over the few days we had off this week and thought that it applied directly to the idea of the project we are working on, the idea of airships and soldiers and space all are shown in this film. I chose these specific pictures to talk about because they have elements of some of the concept art me and my team have already created, the airship is a very nice and intricate design (which would be good to replicate) and has a very futuristic look about it. I have done some concept art of airships in different styles and designs all of which I would like to be as good as the Prometheus ships design.




This middle picture I have included because I have done a few pieces of artwork with touch screen panels and futuristic holograms, Prometheus has quite a few of these throughout the film and I have studied this because I am trying to get the best visual idea of lighting and reflection that I can to add to my own compositions.
 

This final picture is just another view of the Prometheus spaceship because most of my concept artwork on this project has been to do with airships I thought including this would add to the overall theme of what I am studying in relation to how much work I have done around this single idea.
 
The actual film I really enjoyed, one can learn a lot from the techniques used in films in relation to creating good techniques in games and in digital artwork, for example the camera angles used in Prometheus are the best that money in todays industry can buy so drawing a picture with camera angles and shots from the film prometheus, there would be no need to try and think of your own compositions or shots because the best that can be done has already been done for you. What I am saying is that taking reference from a film to work with in different aspects of the creative game industry is a good method to use and one which I have been doing more and more of lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment