Thursday 17 April 2014

FMP Finishing the Game World



Another example of tutorials I watched when problem solving how I would do certain things in my gamespace, this video was a possible solution to how I would create the terrain in Unity or Maya, I know about the unity terrain tool but didn't think it was necessary in this particular instance. I followed the tutorial and come up with undesired results which I ended up scrapping. In the end to solve the terrain problem I used simple geometry at a very large scale to create mountains and then using the fog tool to fade the background out and get a very atmospheric environment for my bridge to go on. This did though create more problems, like the fact that the background picture I drew was no longer visible at the level of fog I wanted and the snowy mountains looked too 'plain' I decided to leave the background image issue alone and simply added some of my pre made scenery to the mid ground so that it didn't look so plain. Other than that though the final touches I focused on adding were sound (which I will get to later) and particle effects like fire and snow.

Below are a few examples of me playing with background ideas and particles to see if any combination of them worked to my liking.




No comments:

Post a Comment