Thursday 8 November 2012

A Little More Concept

This post is titled A little more concept because, well I have done a little more concept, but what I want to write about in this post is how some of my initial ideas have developed into the more finalised concept art you will be seeing in my blog. 

So to start with I drew this image, a guard in a security room. This could very well be a scene in the final machinima animation we are creating, but I only intended it to be a little more insight into the technology and time period of the ship, I wanted to give the viewer a futuristic feel and think that the suit and touch screen holograms he is working on might do that. I decided about an hour in that I didnt like the picture I was working on as it is, I finished it purely because I didnt want to feel like I had wasted my time, this is probably why it is not as good a quality as it could have been and explains why I didnt put as much effort into it as I could have.


The other images in the post are some sketches and inspiration I made or found in comparison with the work we are creating. I found this piece of wood a few years ago and thought, I want to use this in a creative way at some point, and now eventually I have. I found the image in an old folder on my computer and decided it could work as maybe a weapon design or ship design, I did some sketches (below) based on a ship design with the essence of the woods patterns in it, in the end I didnt do the ship designs but it is still good to blog about all the work I have created and done. I also noticed that a weapon in a recently released game (Halo 4) looks a little bit like the sketches I have made on my notebook for the ship design, I had not seen the weapon at all before I did the skeches so I was just surprised at how similar, to me anyway, they look.









No comments:

Post a Comment