Friday 10 February 2012

Animation Study - Toy Story!

I was talking to phil about my animation project when he suggested looking the the Toy Story 1 animation where buzz rides a toy car down a track in the film, i don't know why it never occurred to me before but it would be the perfect study to do as it matches up with my animation idea perfectly. The video is quite hard to find since Toy Story on youtube and other sites has been spammed with so many crap videos its hard to find the ones you want.



At 3:08 Buzz lands on the toy racetrack i mentioned. A thing that i failed to consider when creating my own track was weather my track would move when the car goes down it but i figured it wouldnt and also that would be a lot more on an already full plate of mine. I also realised the reason the track moves in this film is that Buzz is way heavier than the track is meant to handle so that is the reason for it bending slightly as he goes around it, it makes another small but crucially essential part of the film being the little things, sometimes unnoticeable but always perfectly done and which complete the film.

No comments:

Post a Comment