Sunday 3 March 2013

Maya Model Recordings

I have recently started recording my work processes when it comes to creating assets in maya and compositions in Photoshop, I think this is a good way to work as it makes you a little more conscious that people may not only see the end product of what you are creating but also your own personal work process. This has changed my work flow slightly and made me work faster which is for the better, I think it is well work a go if anyone can get their hands on some free recording software because I think that it also opens to opportunity of including some of your work flow in maybe a showreel and also show off workflows that do not usually get a lot of publicity on specific sites EG a photoshop picture will not get any attention on Youtube but the recording of you creating that picture on Youtube can be accessed in that way and will hopefully draw a little more attention from that source too.

Anyway here are two recordings I made while I blitzed through modelling my ship in one day (took about 3-4 hours) and while I created my ship interior over a few days (took about 7-8 hours).









This is a process that almost all individuals who have made it in the industry do, people like Nicholas Kay (Makes a living freelance and tutor lessons), Daarken (Has sold a book with his concept art it) and more, this is why I have branched out into recording my own work, maybe one day people will start asking me how I did this and I can look into offering tutorial lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment