Monday 18 March 2013

Mascot Competition

We were given the opportunity to do a competition brief for the gamesrepublic mascot, each year they choose a new design to be their mascot and we had to do our best to make a design that they might like.

Since this was a new experience for me trying to work to a brief with a limited description I found it quite a challenge, the reason for this is I have never tried this type of art before and found it to be quite tedious and annoying, trying to keep things as perfect and neat as possible isnt really my thing as I like to make mistakes and have rough edges but have them add to the composition not take away from it.

But yeah it was good that it was a new experience and if I ever try this type of work again I will know that there are certain pitfalls I need to avoid to create a nice piece of work in this style.


No comments:

Post a Comment