Saturday 19 October 2013

Back Again!

So this will be my first post in 5 months and it has been quite a nice break but its now time to get back to work. Before the summer holidays we were told to research into some initial ideas that we might want to discuss in our dissertation but not dissertation? anyway I did do a little bit of research as I have eventually learned over the 3 years here that getting things done early is a must. I looked at character design books as well as a lot of game concept art books some of which I have bought specifically for the sake of this CoP module. I enjoy reading these sort of books anyway so it kind of felt like the research was too easy or I was sort of cheating, but I did get a lot of interesting points that I have noted down to further develop and research later. So I guess even though I feel like I havent done much I think I am well prepared for the CoP module and have more base research then I realiesed to start working with.

I also kept up with my practical work as I have been sketching as much as I could and still looking at tutorial videos and inspirational artists and work so on that front I feel I have been doing rather well. I have been working on portraits more than I usually do in my personal development but they seem to have more interest online than my other stuff. Heres one of the pics I have done in my own time, it was done on request for a woman in america so I guess it was a request / commission which I was happy about. I will be creating a separate blogpost discussing my PPP work in more detail for my summer work.



The second year of DFGA went so fast that I am a little worried the same will happen again, although this time I feel confident that I am up to the challenge as I managed just fine last year and want to tackle this coming year head on and put as much effort into it as possible.

Bring on DFGA 3rd year!

No comments:

Post a Comment