Friday 19 April 2013

503 Interim Crit

Here are the notes I took of the feedback I was given during the presentation of my work. I had not thought of a few things that were mentioned and found this type of crit to be a better way of evaluating eachothers work than the usual standing at the front presenting to everyone method. The smaller more focused group gave more of an opportuity to get more personalised feedback. 


The feedback I was given that I think was most helpful was the point that I could do more technical drawings in my planning stage, I could even use maya or some sort of modelling software to block out my environment before I actually paint it. I was reminded also to write back stories about the character designs that I will be creating which is another good point that I need to remember to do, I may even write the plot and script of the short story before I paint the animated frames that will be used in the animatic I will be creating.

Below are some of the images I presented of what I want my work to be like, I want good quality concept images that portray scale and depth and a professional standard of painting as well as the characters described beforehand. 


Above and below: Kekai Kotakis artwork.


I have made a few initial designs of knights and armour styles that I may elaborate upon soon, this is a knight that has some of the same qualities of the work I have done, which I will be uploading soon. I think I need to be a little more original when it comes to creating the random aspects of a set of armour that make it unique, Kekai does an excellent job of adding lighting and pulling out the parts of a composition that he wants the viewer to see, I want to get better at the techniques that make a piece of concept art really great.

No comments:

Post a Comment