Monday 15 April 2013

Finished Media Artefact

Since I have done my media artefact on the panopticon theory I will be writing this first paragraph in the first person as to more easily articulate on my understanding of the panopticon and to more easily describe why I have done it and also what I have done. I have decided to kind of round of a little bit of work from the last project that I felt needed finishing, I did a very quick speed painting of what I imagine the world that my 504 project would have been set in, it would have been in a bladerunner/Judge Dredd kind of world where the law is the only thing left between peace and total chaos. I also used the Martix movies as reference because I think they have a very panoptic feel to them as there is a feeling of always being watched and controlled and being told how and what to do. I even used the robot sentinels as reference when creating a few distant characters in my composition because I feel they give a very good impression of what the faceless authority the government tries to give of about them, they have no emotion no feeling and they just do what they are programmed to do, this gives a very eerie feeling to them as there is no room to argue, it is either comply or there will be severe consiqeences. I also played around in after effects with the layers movments, this has been something that I have been wanting to do since I got my hands on after effects and now finally I have had a go at it and think it turned out rather well. The feeling of depths and the composition of the looming characters getting bigger while the faceless citizens are getting smaller I think gives a good impression of people figures being dominated by the robots. I have uploaded it anyway, it is a short 12 second clip as I think it stresses the point I was trying to make in that amount of time and there doesnt need to be any more than that in my opinion, anyway enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment