Thursday 27 September 2012

My Summer Blogpost

So as my first blog post of the year I have been asked to write about how I spent my summer break. Overall I tried to keep up with what is happening in the industry of Games, Films and Animation, I indeed played a lot of games over the summer, some of which were new releases IE Guild Wars, which I found to also be a great study and a new found interest to me because of the style of concept art which the game uses, the style is a very unique and noticeable one with very loose looking brush strokes and textures, I may study this style further in the year.



I watched many films and found myself thinking about how the camera angles were thought of and how the perspectives were achieved in them, I also watched some older films but which are animation related, Treasure Planet was one film I watched that I had never seen before and found it to be very enjoyable (as are most disney films) and thought it would be a good study for the upcoming Machinima project we will soon recieve.

















Another film I found to be a great study was the animated film Beowulf, it challenged the rules of animation and seemed to have a very unique style which I have never seen in animation before, I enjoyed the film for its story and could appreciate the amount of effort that must have gone in to animating an entire film like this one, but I think that I prefer other styles of animation out there that I have seen, maybe the fact that it tried to be too realistic is what pulled me away from the style a little as I am used to things like Toy story or Bugs life.

I also kept up with my drawing in photoshop using my new graphics tablet, I looked up videos and tutorials online and posted things on Deviantart and other sites to keep up practice. Here are a few of the things I painted.























Things not so related to DFGA would be the work I did over the summer to keep my funds up. I did a lot of work and a lot of play. Two pictures will be enough to emphasise the level of work and play I achieved :) .







3 comments:

  1. Nice artwork. You make me want to buy a wacom tablet, and a bag of pretzels. Back on topic, a little more colour wouldn't hurt. It's like a rainbow jumped off the page and left the outline behind. Shading is cool though. Yeah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome concept art, human anatomy is looking good. Thing I really love is the decking :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice artwork bud we will have to do a collab sometime

    ReplyDelete