Friday 28 September 2012

Ideas For 505 Game Level



So I decided to do an old method of narrowing down ideas and just write all of the ones I liked down, then just circle the ones I liked the most and that I would have time to follow. As shown, out of all the ideas me and my group (Andy Joel Me) came up with.
 I liked the rooftop idea as it could be a very dynamic looking place to make an animation with possibilities for a nice cityscape background.
  I liked the idea of modeling a train and the cargo in it, and also has an opportunity for a moving background which I think with a simplistic animation could add a lot to. 
Monastary was another thought that I had which would make some good visuals if it was done properly but the idea fell through when I couldnt see a story really working or being clear enough in a short time frame.
The warehouse picture below which I found on the web is what inspired me to think about designing an environment similar to this one, the cold colours and size of the factory could make for a very gloomy atmosphere and ideas like accidents or mishaps in a workplace environment is what made the factory warhouse in particular seem like a good environment to design.
Finally my favourite idea the airship, this has always been an interest of mine since I started playing games with airships in them from a very early age, I have always liked planes and the freedom that comes with flying and the fantasy of which airships bring to the flying experience, the 'on deck' experience along with the 'flying above the clouds' experience put together is in my mind something which will be very interesting to base a project on and to work with.


I will try and do concept art for all of the ideas I would maybe like to pursue, and then when my group has got and agreed on its focus, then will do more artwork specifically for the 'one' direction we have taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment